Sunday, August 26, 2007

The First Day Of School Starts Next Week In These Parts...

So I thought I'd share with you one of my elementary class pictures. This was taken way back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. Well, maybe a lil' later than that.


Can ya pick me out? I'll give ya a hint. Two over from me is a feller with a cute lil' round M&M head.


I remember there was a fellow class mate who wouldn't sit still. He kept gettin' out of his chair, movin' around and disruptin' the class. Our teacher always said he had ants in his pants but now days they'd probably say he had A.D.D, A.D.H.D., O.C.D. or L.M.N.O.P. Heck, maybe he had one too many Pixy Stix that day. Eatin' those were like eatin' right out of the sugar bowl. Or maybe all he needed was lil' discipline and have some boundaries set instead.


One mornin' she had enough. So she grabbed the maskin' tape and taped him into his chair. I reckon now days our teacher would have gotten in a heck of a lot of trouble for doin' that. But I'll tell ya what... it worked, 'cause he never got out of his chair again. Well that mornin' he couldn't, but after that he behaved himself.


I'm not sure why he's not in the photo though. He might have been tryin' to wrestle his way out of the maskin' tape.

1 comment:

Cookie said...

heck i could spot you a mile away buddy!
you've been tagged for the Name Game ... something else for goob's to have fun with :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...