Friday, December 14, 2007

Pre Nor'easter...

Well folks, we're battin' down the hatches and preparin' for the Nor'easter that should be hittin' us over the weekend. It could dump up to two feet of snow!

But this is nothin' new for us central New Yorkers. We're old pros when it comes to this stuff. I swear in the months of November through March, I do the shovelin' motion in my sleep. It's like that baker feller with that blank look on his face who said "Time to make the donuts". Its second nature.

Well, I'm sure with all this predicted snowfall, the state plow trucks will take out yet another one of our mailboxes. I can't tell y'all how many we have purchased over the years. I thought tamperin' with the U.S. mail is a federal offense? I consider seein' my mailbox bein' catapulted 500 feet away from its orginal spot and shredded to pieces as "tamperin'" don't you? But they don't.


Hubs was "wise" and bought a brand spankin' new snow blower because the plow truck AND old snow blower just wasn't enough for proper snow removal, so he says. When he brought it home he was like a lil' kid. Somethin' new for him to tinker with. God forbid he wait for the snow to fly, before he tried it out. He started her up and was hurlin' rocks, chunks of dirt and grass with a big smile on his face. (Sigh) Men.


Well the only thing I have left to do is head on out to the grocery store to pick up some eats just in case we're snowed in for a few days. I've loaded up plenty of fire wood so if the power goes out at least we'll be toasty-n-warm. I need to pick up more batteries and while I'm at it, I'd better grab another mailbox...




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...