Friday, July 11, 2008

"You Really Need Your Head Examined..."

That's somethin' my hubs says to me on a regular basis. Actually its more like "You're nuts Chickie!" (Chickie is my nickname)


These sweet nothins' have been whispered in my ear lately because I decided to tackle yet another large room redo project. But technically, I'm finishin' what I had start years ago.


When we first moved here, there was this groovy wall to wall shag-like carpetin' throughout most of the first level. Now as much as I love Austin Powers, I couldn't stand the thought of livin' with his decor. "Yeah baby, it was wild!" So it had to go.


I was absolutely thrilled to see there were the original pine floorboards underneath that hideous carpetin'! YaY!


So I did exactly what my mama would do and that was to tackle the job of refinishin' them myself. I had no idea what the heck I was doin', but I was doin' it! I tend to fly by the seat of my pants when it comes to home remodelin'. Weeeeeee!!!!


After back breakin' labor and many weeks of chiropractic visits, it was finished. Except for the floor in my work room.



I saw a wood floor once on HGTV that I fell in love with and by gum, I'm goin' to do it!


Hubs already mentioned me, "You're not roping me into helping you again." But I know when he sees me wrestlin' with the sander, he'll come to my rescue. He'll be swearin' under his breath, but he'll come to my rescue. :> )


Wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Brave girl ! I thought of doin my floors over but keep talkin myself out of it lol ! Good luck and keep us posted can't wait to see the finished floor !We know Charlie's bark is worse then his bite !haha.

tattered 'n torn prims said...

Take care with the back girlfriend!! The floor will look awesome for sure....but let your hubs do all the back-breakin' work...they like stuff like that!! LOL!! Can't wait to see pix!!

Stace

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I love how your music is "color coordinated" with each blog..I can't wait to see the finished product and I'm sure you can't either....have a great weekend...

Dixie Redmond said...

Peanut - I do hope the Mustachioed Charlie Brown reads your blog...

;-)

Dix

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...