Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ahhhh... 'Tis The Season...

Well, not quite yet. But as I rode my bike today, I saw this lone beauty in the distance. She gave me a sneak peek at what's to come. YaY!! I'm what ya call a Leaf Peeper.




Leaves Of Autumn


As summer turns to Autumn
The leaves begin to turn.
About God's love and beauty
This is the time to learn.


Just look outside your window
At colors bright and bold.
Leaves of red and orange and brown
And some look like pure gold.


You say you don't believe in God?
I say, how can you doubt?
When you go to your window
And simply just look out.


Outside my kitchen window
A tree grow's strong and tall.
It brings such joy and peace of mind
To watch leaves of Autumn fall.


It sways in winds but never falters.
And from it's pattern never alters.
It must be God no man can say
I made that tree to look that way.


The sun rays form a halo
Around that big strong tree.
And there's a voice that seem's to say
Look up and think of Me.


By: Carrie Reger

:> )

2 comments:

Brenda said...

OK, that's It! I don't know how many more bike rides I can go on. You make me think of selling my house and moving to the boonies which I always said I could never do. More than a ten minute drive to the nearest mall? Five minutes to the gas station and three minutes to McDonald's? I don't know but you are making the boonies look way too enticing ... Anyone in the market for a Littlte Saltbox in the City? Trades welcome!

CraBBy GaBBy said...

the leaves are turning all ready where you are? ...
what a beautiful pic and poem.
I think this tree is very unique..it screams LOOK AT ME..and you did...
Mission accomplished.
Your bike ride sounds wonderful..
Heidi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...