Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I Can Totally Relate To Johnny Paycheck...


Sure they're breathtakin'ly gorgeous but try havin' to rake them up every year. What a job!
I should mention, this particular tree is the smallest of five maples surroundin' our house.



I've gotten to the point where its easier to rake and put them in the back of our pickup truck to haul them out. It still takes about 7 truck loads.



I don't know what in tarnations I'm goin' to do when I get too old to do this!


Maybe I could rent one of those gigantic fans they use on movie sets and blow them onto my neighbor's property. I'm sure they wouldn't mind.


I just don't know if I have a big enough outlet to plug it into.
:> )


2 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

we blow ours with a blower..but I like your idea with a huge blower better..and why can't the leaves all fall at once. we usually do this at least 4-5 times..they don't blow good when they are wet..(like my grammar).I don't talk good either...lol..love the colors of your trees..but I do hate the mess we don't have em in our front yard but everyone else does and do they clean them up...no I do...do you feel if they are yours that you should come and clean them..can't seem to convince them to get off their lazy duffs to do it..and I do mean lazy...oh well I just blow em back into their yard where they will sit forever...

Tina said...

Wow, what a job! That sure would keep ya in shape.
Hey, there's a plus!
T

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...