Friday, December 19, 2008

YaY! Its Tea Time Tassies Time...

Whew!!! I finally finished my last batch of Christmas cookies. I made 11 kinds of cookies, 4 dozen of each kind. If I did my math right, that means I made about 528 cookies. Yes, I know I am nuts.


I saved the Tea Time Tassies for last since they are the best but the biggest pain to make. Pardon my photos, but I was up 'til 12:30am snapping photos and baking. I was so tired I'm surprised I didn't put my camera in the oven and bake it at 325°


I posted this on my blog last year but here it is again.


Photobucket

TEA TIME TASSIES
Dough:
Two 3 oz pkgs-Cream cheese (softened)
1 C-Butter (softened)
2 C-Flour


Mix all ingreds. (Chill dough for a few hours so its not so sticky to work with.)
Roll dough into small balls, place and press into mini muffin tins to form wee "crusts".


Filling:
2-Eggs
2 Tbsp-Butter (softened)
1 ½ C-Brown sugar
2 tsp-Vanilla
Pinch of Salt
1 1/3 C-Chopped walnuts (I've also used pecans, they are just as tasty)


Spoon filling into individual muffin tins. (Don't overfill) Bake at 325° for 20 minutes. Gently remove each with a knife tip. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar while still warm.



I tweaked the recipe a little. Instead of two 3 oz. pkgs. of cream cheese I plopped in an 8 oz. package. Worked just fine. But if its too sticky, throw in a pinch or two more of flour.



Photobucket


Cream your butter and cream cheese.


Photobucket


Add your flour to form your dough.


Photobucket


Oh man, this is the tedious part, pressing out the dough into those mini muffin tins. Since its a tad sticky, stick your finger in a lil' flour before you press out your crusts. Works like a charm!


Photobucket


Now its time to mix up the goopy filling. Talk about a pure sugar rush! Try some of that and you'll be flying around your kitchen like a hummingbird.


Photobucket


Spoon the mixture into each lil' crust. I use a teaspoon and it still gets all over the place.


Photobucket


After coming out of the oven, let them slightly cool. Use a knife tip to gently pluck 'em out of there.


Photobucket


Finally, sprinkle confectioners sugar over them, hide 'em from your family and you're done!


Photobucket


Enjoy!



8 comments:

primsista said...

WOW! Karin you are ....!!!!! I do not have enough words im my mouth:)))) Only soliva:)))))))))))))
I will try you recipe for sure!
Merry Christmas to you and you family and Happy New Year!

tami said...

This so werid I just got off the phone with my mom and she said she was making tea tassies. Then I came to your blog and that is what you were talking about, I will have to tell her about putting the powered sugar on top.

Laura said...

You are the cookie Queen !! WOW I'll just come over and get cookies from you ... lol .They look Yummy !

Sherrie Nordgren-Sympletymes,Pinkeeps,BoomingAprons said...

Wowzer peanut~ your Tea Time Tassies
oh gosh golly just made my mouth water..AND your all finished with your baking!!!!I just bought every thing today for my cookies and pies..So I will just be starting my baking...But do have all shopping FINISHED and wrapped and under the tree yay!!!
Karin I want to Wish You and Your Family a Very Merry Christmas and a blessed new year
(((Hugs)))Love, Sherrie

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

did you use a tart muffin tin or cup cake tins? I have one of those pampered chef mini tin thingys..sounds yummy.I will have to make these...thanks for the yummy goodness..:)

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Thanks Peanut..
I just gained ten pounds lookin at your photos and readin the recipe.. LOL... sound delicious .. I am afraid to bake anything today as the electric may go out here at any time since we are having freezing rain and sleet and ice is hangin off everything.. so I am cleaning and wrapping gifts... so where are you hidin these cookies exactly.. :o)
Hugs,
Linda

~GoldieLoo Woodworks~ said...

Me want me want cookiessss!
Dang them look GOOD! ~~Pam

Dixie Redmond said...

Mmmmm. Those look good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...