Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Too Much Pressure...

I never claimed to be a seamstress. This might be the reason why it took me two weeks to make basic pocketrod curtains for four windows in my kitchen. Technically its six windows, but who's countin' besides me?


I can sew dollies and dollie clothes 'til the cows come home but when I try to sew somethin' larger than 28" I panic.


But I was determined, so I got out my tape measure and started measurin' for fabric. All that measurin' didn't do me a bit of good because I only had enough fabric for one and a half windows. Don't ask me how the heck I measured. I'm thinkin' I did it with my feet while my eyes were closed.


What was worse... After all my blood, sweat and tears (I do mean that literally), I wasn't too thrilled with the way they looked.


Since some of the windows are near the wood stove, I couldn't have them as long as I wanted. Well I could have, I also could have the volunteer fire department hosin' down our house in the middle of the night. So I knew shorter was wiser.


When hubs came home and saw how stressed I was; he walked over to me, gave me a big consolin' hug and said tenderly, "You should have just sewn sweat pants together." He always knows just the right thing to say. I almost busted a gut laughin'. Oh how I love that man of mine.


Finally after havin' more fabric shipped from another store, I finished the task. Heck, I even hemmed up some lace panels I had and put them underneath to gussy it up.



Should I have shopped through my "Country Curtains" catalog? Probably.
But if ever there is a next time, I'll run to Kmart to the Hanes display bins. I think extra larges would do the trick. Did I mention they come is six fashionable colors?
:> )

13 comments:

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Hey, Peanut,
Forget the curtains.. what's for dinner.. I see the dining room table there without any food on it.. that's what my dh would say !

The curtains look great and your room looks so warm and cozy ..

Your blog is the highlight of my day.. yea, I don't get out much.. :o)

Have a great day and thanks for making us all smile, giggle and laugh all the while !
Hugs,
Lind

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

You curtains look AWESOME, and it's mostivating me to pull out the fabric I have for my LR and get them DONE!
Your hubby cracks me up almost as much as you do...lol

Great job peanut

Susan said...

Your kitchen and the curtains look marvelous, darling. Your hubby is such a hoot. My beloved says silly things like that, too. Take care. Susan

tj said...

...Hello Karin! I'm coming outta Lurksville to tell you your curtains look fantastic! I am the same way too, I can make little stuff 'til the cows come home but set me in front of a window needing curtains and I'm all like, "duh?"...lol Great job there girl! And your husband is a HOOT! I must've married the total opposite of your husband...(*sigh*)

...Keep it up with posting photos of your home... One night you're gonna get a knock at the door and you'll see some lost, forlorn middle aged gal standing on your front porch sayin', "hi, I'm tj and I wanna live here"...lol ;o)

...Love the bear photo over there to my right - your blog has a way of brightening my day everytime I visit... :o)

...Blessings to you, da hubs & da pooches...

Chatty Kathy~Palmetto Prims said...

Well Peanut, that kitchen of yours with those wonderful new handmade curtains looks fabulous!! Now, I wanna see more....when's the home tour?? LOL!! Job well done!!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love it! you did a great job..just wish I could enlarge the photos so I can really see all the little details of your home..okay now I want photos of all of your home inside and out..if you please...and I would go to target for your "hanes" they are all on sale..I went on saturday and bought a buttload..lol...(just thought you should know)...have a great day!
Gina :)

tattered 'n torn prims said...

LOVE 'EM!!! You did a grand job!!!! Your home is like looking thro' a magazine!!!

I'm thinkin' long-johns and undies would look grand there as well.....tee hee hee!!

Stace

Raggedy Angel said...

Ahhhh....but they look so good!
Beth

The word verification is

coodis

Ha Ha You got coodis!

simple~needs said...

see, thats how i am. i can do the little stuff but big projects i get skeered. lol
i love the curtains!! they look like mine ........:)
p.s. my word verification is
bible
thats really cool!!

Tina said...

Every time you show a pic of your house, I always think that I love it and could just move right in. What a wonderful place you've created.
T

GoldieLoo Woodworks said...

Peanut your curtains look fantastic girly ! You hub sounds like mine, it nice to be able to laugh when your down.
Now will you make me some please ? LOL ;)
~~Pam

PEA said...

Oh Peanut,
I am sorry for the stress my dear. You should have called me I would have helped ya figure out the measurements. That was my speciality when I worked at Joann's. They always turned the customer over to me. LOL
BTW YOu did a WONDERFUL and I mean that, wonderful job and should be most proud.
I am with Gina, I wanna see the whole house. It looks like a magazine to me. You should be in print girl!
NOw for your man, I think he is a keeper with that giggle maker sense of humor he has. That is a bonified de-stresser. LOL Mine has one too most days.
Have a great weekend, Peaz( no carrots) LOL

Susan Walker said...

Peanut...you did an awesome job on those curtains! I LOVE your home...it looks so warm and comfy...what time is dinner? I'll be right over. hee hee..Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...