Monday, February 9, 2009

I've Got A Hand For You...

For those of you who are a lil' unsure on how to make dollie hands, I thought I would share my tutorial with you.


First, trace out your doll arm and mitten style hand then stitch.



Next, turn the arm right side out. Lightly pencil 4 lines where the thumb and fingers would be. I do this on both sides so they will line up nicely when hand stitchin'.


Lightly stuff with fiberfill to about the wrist.



Take your threaded long doll needle, go inside and up through the openin' of the doll arm and come out at the base of the thumb. Doin' this will hide your knotted thread.


Continue stitchin' all four lines until fingers are formed. Tie off thread.


Finish stuffin' the doll arm as usual. You can also do this on your sewin' machine, but I prefer the look of hand stitched.



Ta-dah! That's it! Now make another one so your dollie can applaud you for a job well done!



:> )

5 comments:

Snugglebug Blessings said...

Hi Peanut,

That's really great of you to share your experience with folks. We can learn from each other everyday if we are willing to share and grow. God bless ya for doing so.

Cathy
Har, Har, Har on the "I can see you typing"'!!! Thought ya had me going didn't ya. (Ya almost did, LOL!)

My Colonial Home said...

Great toutorial....I always wondered if the hand was stuffed before or after stitching and you made it make sense to me.
Karen

PEA said...

Peanut,
How very nice of you to share. Love your little hands. So very sweet.
Hope you have a wonderful week! I wish hubby would cut some more wood. No fire all week and I miss it. been drun cold here all week. But working 12 to 14 hours and just too tired and sore after a long day.
Hugs,Pea

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing this. I am so intimidated by doll making, even though I have been sewing since I was a kid. This I'll try. Hugs, Susan.

Tina said...

I'm a closet, wannabe, stitcher so this is a fun tutorial for the likes of me. thanks, my dear!
T

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...