Monday, June 1, 2009

I Am A Tree Planter...

As the Good Book states:


The land shall not be sold in perpetuity, for the land is mine; with me you are but aliens and tenants. Throughout the land that you hold, you shall provide for the redemption of the land. Leviticus 25:23-24


So I try to give back what I take, by plantin' trees. But I am not what you would call a conventional tree planter. No Siree. I'm more like Johnny Appleseed. I like to scatter seeds around with no formality. Nature likes it that way.
"Let the seeds land where they may" is my motto. So I guess you could call me Peanut Mapleseed.


Over the years, I have scattered seeds around areas of our land. I am finally able to see the fruits of my labor. (The word "labor" is a tad strong)


See all my lil' maples in the foreground!



Since I like to practice what I preach, I am a member of the Arbor Day Foundation.


I was so excited when they recently sent me 10 Colorado Blue Spruces to plant!


They even came with a fancy instuction booklet on how to plant them.
So I made sure I followed everythin' to a tee, right down to the mulch.


They will grow 50 to 75 feet with a 25 foot spread!! Woo-Hoo!!



Oh well, I will be dead by then but "Woo-Hoo" just the same!


(I have a funny feelin' Charlie Brown will want his tree back)


Remember... plant a tree for generations to enjoy.
:> )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trees are our best antiques!

Ali

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

peanut mapleseed has a nice ring...you nut...pun intended...I love you and you always make me laugh..anytime you want to go thrift shopping you just let me know...have a great week...:)

Tina said...

It's a good investment of time planting those trees and you get to watch them grow. I like thes idea of scatterings seeds as well.
T

ohiofarmgirl said...

I too plant trees but not from seed...we try to plant 7 norway spruce each year but this year I planted 16...now I have 10 maples to plant. We lost 5 tress last year do to building 2 new buildings so I am working at replacing...it never ends does it. Oh I forgot we also planted a magnolia and 3 lilac bushes! Dianntha

twinkle teaches said...

LOL about the Charlie Brown tree. I bet it will grow into something amazing!!!
:) tina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...