Monday, November 9, 2009

Because Of You, Unknown Soldier...


By Courtney Tanabe



Because of you, I am here
Because of you, I am able to live freely.



Yet I do not know you
And I have not done anything for you.



But there you stand, ready to fight
And there you are prepared to die
For me.



You've fought before
And you'll fight again
For someone you don't know.



So thank you Unknown Soldier
Fighting for me.



I'm here because of you
And I owe my future to you.



Folks, Wednesday November 11th is Veterans Day. But if you ask me, every day should be Veterans Day.


Please remember them,
please thank them.



Also, continue to pray for the victims and their families of the Fort Hood massacre.
God bless.

3 comments:

Susan said...

With tears in my eyes, I type, "words well spoken". Thanks for such beautiful images.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

thank you!!! my hubby and my dad thank you...:)

Sheila said...

I couldn't agree with you more! Thank you for such a beautiful tribute to our veterans. I wish everyone could see it. Each year when I get my poppy I get so emotional and the veteran handing them out will always get a hug!
Let's all continue to pray for country.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...