Monday, January 18, 2010

The Best Quote I've Heard...

from a political candidate in a very long time was said recently by Scott Brown in a debate with Martha Coakley. Mr. Brown is runnin' for the senate seat in Massachusetts. The great state of MA is votin' tomorrow.


When CNN senior political analyst David Gergen asked him this "gotcha" question, "...Are you willing under those circumstances to say, I'm going to be the person. I'm going to sit in Teddy Kennedy's seat and I'm going to be the person who's going to block it for another 15 years?"


His response, "Well with all due respect its not the Kennedys' seat, and its not the Democrats' seat, it's the people's seat."


Thank you Mr. Brown. Thank you for speakin' FOR the people. Seems many politicians in both parties have forgotten how to do this.

He then added:
"And they have the chance to send somebody down there who is an independent voter, and an independent thinker and going to look out for the best interests of the people of Massachusetts. And the way that this bill is configured, I'd like to send it back to the drawing board because I believe people should have insurance. Not just this particular bill because it's not good for the entire country. You're talking about another trillion dollars in costs, a half a trillion dollars in Medicare cuts, military people, if you're veterans, you're going to have cuts in Tricare, and it's not good. We need to go back to the drawing board. Nobody has confidence in this bill right now."



Thank you again Scott Brown.


I hope and pray for a honest election tomorrow.

7 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

I am anxiously awaiting the results of today's election even though I'm in Virgnia I surely hope he wins!!

Janet

Janet - underthewillow said...

er well I mean tomorrow's election of course!!

gettin' ahead of myself there!

Janet

Susan said...

Same here. I am anxious to see the results of Tuesday's election, also. I hope he wins also. Talk about changing things. Go Scott!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Will put him in our prayers cause we sure need him right now...:)

Susan Walker said...

Very well put, Mr. Brown! We need more independent thinkers like this guy!!! Susan

tattered 'n torn prims said...

Fingers, toes, eyes, legs crossed and prayers said that Mr. Brown is victorious.....and that he is a man of his word!!!

Stace

Carol Roll said...

Girl I almost fell off my seat when I saw that!! Just shows the mindset of some in Washington. Hope he doesn't disapoint.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...