Friday, February 12, 2010

"Nearly All Men Can Stand Adversity...


but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."



"Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally."



"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right."



"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."



"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crises. The great point is to bring them the real facts."



Happy Birthday Mr. President. I wish they still grew 'em like you. We sure could use you right about now.

2 comments:

Snugglebug Blessings said...

Amen, amen, amen Peanut!!! If we could find just one like that, our country would be great, respected and honored again. God bless, Cathy

Anonymous said...

"We sure could use you right about now." Boy you said a mouthful there missus!

They just don't make 'em like Abe any more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...