Friday, January 13, 2012

Who'd A Thunk...

Truth be told, I am not a big "fan" of ceiling fans. *giggle** Sure they keep a room cool in the summer and help circulate the warm air in the winter. We have one in our living room. It's okay, I guess. But they just aren't the most attractive looking things, you know what I mean?
Well... Not until I came across this one!


Photobucket
Now unless you like old, beat up looking stuff you probably gasped at the sight of this fan.
Nope, not me. I oooh'd and ahhh'd over it. Although I am not really diggin' the light fixture.


I'm kicking around the idea of having one in the kitchen. I thought this one would look nice with my 1776 American flag peninsula.

I really don't want one in there but unfortunately, the vaulted ceiling traps all the toasty warm air from our wood stove. I know heat rises, but it is amazing the change in temperature up there!
We tried those wee (loud and annoying) corner fans, but I could have literally stood in the corner and blown more hot air out of my trap better than those things.

So... Here are my choices. We could either be practical and get a ceiling fan. (b-o-r-i-n-g) Or keep my impractical, rustic chandelier (that I love and really don't want to part with) and stand on ladders. OR... Maybe make an indoor rock climbing wall?? Stilts? How about Jet-Packs??


Have a terrific weekend, all!!
:> )

6 comments:

Penny said...

I gasped with delight when I saw that ceiling fan!! Where did you get it? I, too, am not a fan of ceiling fans.... but they are sometimes necessary -- and if I could find one like that, I would be thrilled!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Penny, I found this fan on the Hunter Ceiling Fan Company site. But from what I read, Lowes carries them!! YaY!!

Penny said...

Thank you Karin!! We will be moving soon into my grandmother's homestead -- we're in the process of rehabbing it.... this fan would be perfect. Thanks for sharing!! :)

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

You're welcome, Penny! That would be perfect. That is my exact thought for this old farmhouse.
Please let me know if you get one. I'm still on the fence but am thinking about jumping over!

tattered 'n torn prims said...

I actually painted a ceiling fan Americana for a client a few years back!! I was worried about the weight....but she was thrilled and tore it down to take with her when she moved!! :O) Lovin' that crackle finish!!

As far as a fan.....don't love 'em either....but they do work wonders with the woodstove!! How 'bout never looking up?????

Stace

Janet - underthewillow said...

oh!...I've seen that ceiling fan on the Lowes website and have been considering it for my bedroom redo, it looks delightfully rustic!

Janet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...