Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What Do You Do When...

you can't find the exact wall color you want after searching for hours through hundreds of colors in the paint department?


You go home and start mixing your own acrylic paints until you come up with the color you want!


Photobucket


I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner! Heck, that is how I came up with the perfect shade of red for my Americana flags I've painted throughout my home.


I did try the Cottage White, but oh my it was too bright. It needed to be warmer.
Man I've wasted so much time and money on paint samples I could kick myself. But if I did, I wouldn't be able to climb the ladder to paint this weekend. So I'm not going to do it.
:> )


I'm still tweaking the color, but I've got it down to a mixture of two colors. (It looks rather yellow in the photo, but it's more of a parchment color.


Once I come up with the exact color, I'll scoot on over to Lowes or Home Depot and have it duplicated into wall paint.


Then I won't have to hear my hubs say, "You're crazy!" every time he walks into the kitchen.


But then again I'm sure I'll continue to hear that whatever room he walks into. ((giggle))


I can't help it if I'm cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

:> )

4 comments:

Susan said...

Awesome! It's so cool how the paint department can read the colors in your swatch and make a match. Having a background in commercial printing, really makes me appreciate this technology. Way to go gal! Not everyone is able to see the slight differences in color like you can. Thumbs Up!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I don't like picking out paint colors. When we did our rooms I went with exterior craftman colors and had them mixed into interior paint. Your parchment looks similar to the color I have in my kitchen and dining room. Can't wait to see what it looks like on the walls!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh I love the color..have fun painting.;)

tj said...

...Beautiful color! :o)

...Don't feel alone, there's a husband hundreds of miles West of you that tell's his wife the same exact words - "you're crazy!". *giggle*shrug* ;o)

...Have fun painting!

...Blessings :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...