Thursday, April 12, 2012

I did some shopping...

Nope, not clothes shopping.
I did some home improvement shopping!


Yippee!!


Okay, I think I've got everything I'm going to need to finally get rid of the infamous blue carpeting in the den.
I'm not sure what this sub floor is going to look like once I tear it up. But I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of prep work to make sure it's in good shape for the vinyl planks to adhere.


Photobucket


Just for sh*ts and giggles I laid some of the planks down to see how they'll look.


Photobucket


Darla is impressed.


Photobucket


The closest Lowes I went to was sold out of the flooring. Before hoofing it to another Lowes, I asked the kid to call to make sure they had some in stock.


Man, at $4.15 a gallon for gas, I wasn't about to travel to another Lowes if they didn't have any. Which brings another question to mind. Why is no one complaining about gas prices now like they did back in 2008? Not a peep. Does everyone have memory loss? (I digress)


Anyhoo,I'm not sure when I'm going to tackle this project.


At the moment we have an issue with our living room picture window and Steve the Chipmunk. He has become our very own furry Dennis the Menace. I should have known something was up when I saw him running around in a striped shirt and overalls.


I'll keep you posted.
:> )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Eeekkk! I'm so excited for you.
It is going to look fabulous.
You can tell how beautiful it looks by that little bit you laid down.
We did the main portion of our home a couple of years ago, I love it.
We recently ripped up the basement carpeting but still don't have the flooring for it yet. Yucky concrete, thanks what I have been living with down here for months.
Be sure to show it off when you get it finished. Can't wait to see.
Have Fun! :)

Hugs,
Tam

Michelle said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a happy Spring Peanut!! I miss you on FB!! Your bright cheery posts and witty sense of humor!
xoxoxoxo
Tinker

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks, Tam, I can't wait to get crackin'!! Woo-hoo!!
Hey Tinkers, who knows?? Maybe I'll mysteriously re-appear on FB!
;> )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...