Thursday, November 8, 2012

Beadboard Heaven...

Is there such a place?? There has to be because I'm in it!

Photobucket

I finally made a Home Depot run and picked up beadboard planks. I've been wanting a beadboard backsplash in my kitchen for the longest time. So I'm going to tackle this project myself. How hard can it be?
(Don't answer that)

This stuff is like the poor man's version of genuine wood beadboard. But that's just fine with me! It looks great, is inexpensive, and better yet made in America! Yippee!

So I've got my genuine imitation beadboard, all kinds of electric saws, nails, a hammer and tape measure. If all else fails... "Liquid Nails."
Either way, I will have a beadboard backsplash. ((giggle))

If I can manage to keep all my fingers, I'll be back with a tutorial.
If I can't manage to keep all my fingers, I'll need to learn how to type with my toes.
How hard can it be?
(Don't answer that)
Ummm... You may have to wait for that tutorial.


Have a terrific Thursday, all!

:> )



10 comments:

Judi Hunziker said...

I have this in both my bathrooms painted white and I love the look. I can't wait to see it in your kitchen, :)

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Karin,,,,you go girl!!!!!! Love a beadboard splash to.....will look great......good luck my friend.....Blessings Francine.

Dogpatch Primitives said...

can't wait to see Karen!!!

Susan said...

Sounds like a worthy project. Certainly will keep you busy and get your mind off of "things". Keep us posted.

jennifer768 said...

Can't wait to see!Praying that you don't have to lean to type with your toes.LOL! Hugs,Jen

Peri said...

Hi! I have installed this product and if I can do it at my advanced age and with so little talent and still keep the fingers, you can too! Of course, I practiced toe typing first...found that tough, so I was REALLY careful. Much faith in your abilities!
As Susan says, it will keep your mind engaged. Can hardly wait for the photos to come!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

So far so good!! I used a scroll saw to cut the pieces to length. Worked like a charm. It didn't rip or tear into the board.
Next step is to cut out the electrical outlets and light switches. Ugh! I'll keep everyone posted.

Laura said...

It will look GREAT !! I don't know if I told you we did ours in pine came out fantastic !!

Tina said...

I bet that will look so good!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Hope everything works out as planned! Don't hurt yourself!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...