Friday, December 27, 2013

I hope everyone had a terrific Christmas!

We sure did!

Spent time with family and friends and just enjoyed being with each other.

Hubs and I don't exchange gifts. We buy what we need throughout the year, so really there is no need to exchange gifts with each other.
HOWEVER, we tend to get (practical) gifts from our furbabies.

For example Stella and Gracie got me a couple of wonderful hoodies, a pair of insulated Mossy Oak camo pants and some working gloves.

 photo christm1_zpse79eadf1.jpg

No I don't hunt, but I plan to wear the camo when I go for walks on the trail. This way no one will be able to see me. ((giggle))
Loading firewood like I do, I was in desperate need of some good leather gloves and I got them.

Then Stella and Gracie bought my sweet hubs a nice throw to cover up on the couch with on these cold winter evenings. A farmhouse built in the late 1800's can be awfully drafty.

Which leads into his next gift.

Living in an old farmhouse occasionally brings some unwanted "visitors" of the four legged kind. I have mentioned in the past about little gray mice that tend to "stop by" in the attic.

My sweet hubs has certain jobs around the house
(that I refuse to do) and mouse duty is one of them. I do love mice, but not in my home. So they've got to go.

Getting up in our attic is quite the project. No stairs. Just a small opening in the ceiling. So when he has to check the attic it's a pain in the butt. Drag out the ladder, set it up... This has been going on for 13 years.

So under the tree this Christmas for my sweet hubs was an attic extension ladder.
But you'll be surprised who it was from.

This note was on his gift...

 photo christm2_zps433d2ca7.jpg

:> )




6 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Nice useful gifts!!!
But I really love the gift those little mousers left your hubby!!!
Such a fun way of giving!
Enjoy!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Primitive Stars said...

I agree, useful gifts are great...nice camo pants......sweet card and gift for Hubby, New Year Blessings Francine.

Alison said...

That's a hoot Karin! I'm happy to see a new year on the horizon, but sad at the same time to watch Christmas gone for another year.

Ali x

Raymond Homestead said...

Lol, who would have thought?! By the way, Stella and Gracie do a good job at picking out presents!

jennifer768 said...

LOL! Love the gift from the mousers! Guess that they must be lonely and needing hubby to visit.LOL! The furbabies did a great job. Blessings,Jen

Peri said...

My guess is that Gracie picked out the gifts from the dogs. She is much more practical than Stella! Stella would have given you her favorite brand of chew toy, let's be honest!
Peg and I do stocking stuffers because neither of us can stand to wait to give the big gifts...she got some Jay Strongwater stuff (cool jewelry) and I got a new cell phone - gold iPhone 5(s). Of course we got them early in December...
I am too impatient to wait until 12/25 to open anything...plus Zipper would change the tag...he got a new Sharpie ..took it from my desk. (Stella's idea supposedly).
I think your mice are better than ours..ours just leave...well, evidence.
Here's to 2014 and the hope that Gracie mellows out in the car!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...