Saturday, November 8, 2014

Another family treasure...

My sister and I continue to go through our mom's things and our childhood home. As I mentioned before, it is so overwhelming.

Today, my hubs and I hung my mom's Bicentennial 1776-1976 Revere copper ware. It hung in my parents home for years and years. Now this vintage set hangs in mine.

 photo copper1_zps9f085aec.jpg

It means so much to me. Back in the 70's, I remember going with my Daddy to get it for her. He was like a little kid when it came to buying presents.

We drove out to Rome, NY where the Revere Copper plant was and still is. I also remember the HUGE iconic Paul Revere horse rider sign. When it was lit, it had movement to make the horse look like it was galloping. So very cool.

Sadly, Paul no longer rides.



But hopefully someday he'll ride again.

Happy Saturday.

:> )


5 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Saturday. I feel for you, I really do. Had to do the same thing some years back. It does get easier, but it takes time. Know we (your Southern Sisters) are here for ya!

Carol Roll said...

So glad they give you such beautiful memories.they look so nice in your kitchen. here is another southern sis in your corner.

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

They look wonderful and will make you smile each time you look at them! My sisters and brother had to go thru my mothers house a few years back. It was one of the hardest things we have ever done. Each of us got what we really loved and what meant the most to us. Those things do make me smile when I see them in my house. Good memories.

Primitive Stars said...

Oh Karin, they are a treasure to behold. Keeping you in my thoughts, Hugs Francine.

marly said...

How perfect with your new kitchen colors. The set really stands out and looks fabulous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...