Thursday, August 6, 2015

Uh-oh. I'm starting to really dig Formica's 180fx Soapstone Sequoia...

Maybe it's because of the subtle color. Maybe it's because of the honed finish. Maybe it's because it looks like it belongs in a farmhouse. Who knows???

But I'm thinking this one is a contender. Everyone's screen is different. So it's really difficult to see the true colors. But trust me, this color and finish is more real looking than the other samples.

Now... if it lives up to the greasy fingers and serrated knife test, I'm in business.
((giggle))

 photo soapstone8_zpskwzyz16d.jpg

The sample compliments my wall color and accent red color too! YaY!

 photo soapstone2_zpsqvfgltza.jpg

 photo soapstone5_zpsce5682tk.jpg

This next one I cut out my black countertop to get a better idea.

 photo soapstone6_zpsjegd8hmp.jpg

 photo soapstone7_zpsjgzypybx.jpg

 photo soapstone3_zpsh55cfffx.jpg

 photo soapstone4_zpsrjuvb9yk.jpg

Then I took my trusty saw and cut the sample to make a countertop "edge" to get a better visual...

 photo soapstone12_zpslinobeew.jpg

 photo soapstone13_zpsi6neu1hw.jpg

The best angle to see the "honed" finish.

 photo soapstone1_zpsxjri1qcm.jpg


I found a few others who went with Soapstone Sequoia. Click on the photos to go directly to their blogs.








These next few are from Pinterest.











Ooooh, this one has a beadboard backsplash like me!




So... Whaddaya think???

:> )

UPDATE: I went with Formica Soapstone Sequoia laminate and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!
See my post about it HERE!



6 comments:

bayrayschild said...

Ooooo me likey...me likey a lot! =)

Audrey

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Me likey a lot too, Audrey!!! :> )

Primitive Stars said...

Great choice Karin, me likely too!!!!!! Hugs Francine.

Trisha said...

Love it! It's lighter, the small white lines go perfectly with the light cabinets. Love it!

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Love it! The texture of the new Formica is fabulous. You asked how I liked my granite after a few years. Still like it and it is wearing well - looks like the day it was installed. I miss not being able to use a cleaner, like 409 or Clorox, etc. Jane

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks, ladies! Yeppers, this one looks like a keeper for sure. But I'm still going wait to see what the other samples I ordered look like.
That's great, Jane! I hear you about the cleaning products. I was supposed to use only soap and water to clean my countertop and I didn't. I took some of the shine off. But I didn't mind since I thought it was too glossy to begin with. So as Bob Ross used to say, it was a "happy, little accident." :> )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...