Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Area Rugs 101:

 photo liv4_zpsptpr8tkt.jpg

I've been kicking around the idea of a new area rug for the living room. It's the wrong size and wrong color.
But as I sit staring at it... What is the right size? Or color? Or shape?

 photo liv1_zps9i53tqw1.jpg

I've read the "rules" for purchasing an area rug. "The rug has to be so many inches under the furniture." "It should be so many inches away from the walls." "Don't put a bold print rug in a room with bold print furniture." Blah. Blah. Blah.
I've never been one to follow decor rules. ((hee hee))

Truthfully if we didn't have furbabies, I wouldn't have any area rugs. Just bare, old pine floorboards. But we do have furbabies and I don't have the heart to watch them run in place as they try to get traction. Or watch them fly across the room as they slide into a wall like a cartoon character. Nope. That wouldn't be right.

The biggest problem I'm running into is finding a rug (I'm a fan of braided) that has dark blue in it. The darkest blue I can find
(in my price range of course) is more navy blue like the rug I have now.

Online I've seen oriental rugs that are in colonial style decor rooms. A total mismatch, yet I love the look! Crazy.

Maybe I need to fly across the room and slide into a wall to knock some sense into me.

Happy Tuesday.

:> )


2 comments:

Erin said...

Braided rugs are my favorite too. I've bought several from this place: http://colonialrug.com/. They're really great to work with, and if you don't see what you're looking for, call them up and you get someone with a sweet Southern accent to help you.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

They do have beautiful rugs, Erin!
I love talking to my Southern friends. Although they insist I'm the one with the accent. :> )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...