Saturday, October 17, 2015

Living in limbo...

 photo dir2_zpsbvbgeumi.jpg

Even though I purchased my new countertop on Sept. 6th, I'm still waiting for it.

I'm living with a partial, unsecured countertop and a makeshift bracket for my cooktop. I have lower kitchen cabinets "contents" peppered in every room
(like my dining room above) of the first floor of this old farmhouse and I have painters plastic and tape blocking the small but gaping holes in part of the backsplash sheet rock. Unable to be repaired until the new countertop is installed. I'm also waiting to wake up one morning to find the painters plastic flapped back and wee, furry vermin pouring themselves a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee. Thankfully that hasn't happened... yet.

Oh and one more thing. I've come to realize the
closer I get to the grave older I get, the less patience I have.

No need to mention how wonderful it will look when it's done.
"Keep a positive spin on it. It'll be worth all the aggravation."
I get it. ;> )

I'll try to remember that when I'm running from room to room frantically searching for a frying pan.


Happy Saturday, all.

:> )









2 comments:

Judi Hunziker said...

At times like that...I make a doll, :)

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Hee-hee!! How right you are, Judi! As I type, I have 8 sitting on my kitchen table I'm working on. :> )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...