Saturday, October 3, 2015

Monday's the big day...

It's so long Rustoleum Countertop Transformations countertop and hello Formica 180fx Soapstone Sequoia countertop!
YAY!!!
The install company called just a day ago wanting to know if I'd like my countertop installed on Monday.
Does a bear sh*t in the woods???
Why of course I do!!

Then I had to break the news to my sweet hubs. You see, I have to remove the old countertop before Monday. When I say "I", he knows it means "him."
He works so hard during the week, he really values his weekends. So removing a kitchen countertop isn't high on his weekend priority list of things to do.

But he will help me tackle it tomorrow. Since this farmhouse was built in the 1800's I pray we don't run into anything major because neither one of us knows what the heck we're doing. ((giggle))

Thankfully, I know myself well enough not to do anything too permanent when it comes to cosmetic updating this place. So when I put up the beadboard backsplash, I tacked it on and didn't use any glue. WHEW!!! So when I removed it, it came off like buttah.

 photo bb_zps3s5hcbxi.jpg

I thought I'd snap a few pics of her one last time before she goes.
Man, I put a lot of muscle and sweat into that countertop.
She served me well over these past few years, but it's time to say goodbye...

 photo coun1_zpsw8xmndsh.jpg

 photo coun2_zpsightnscv.jpg

Remember those listello tiles I had to have for under my kitchen window and behind my sink? I found them! But the store that carried them required "pick up only." Oh and guess what else? The store is in Ohio. So I really had to put my thinking cap on.

This is where my wonderful sister-in-law and brother-in-law come in. Not only do they live in Ohio, one of the chain home improvement stores is only a mile away from their home!! Yippee!!

So I ordered the tiles. They picked them up, wrapped them up and popped them in the mail.

The box arrived yesterday and when I opened it, half the tiles looked like this.

 photo tiles1_zpsj5gv0jg8.jpg

Sigh... This answers my question as to why they were "pick up only."
The blood stain is from when I sliced my finger open on them.

But believe me when I tell you, the ones that aren't cracked are absolutely beautiful!

So tomorrow I'll be tackling the countertop removal.

Here's a heads up...

If by some chance you hear cursing in the faint distance, you'll know it's me trying to tackle the countertop removal.

Wish me luck!

:> )






4 comments:

Dixie Redmond said...

Good luck! You are going to LOVE your new countertop. You will be amazed at the light it reflects. YES!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Dixie, that is what I'm looking forward to most! I must admit I'm a bit giddy!
But my biggest fear is what we'll find when we remove the countertop. Eeek!

bayrayschild said...

I'm so excited for you!
Too bad about the tiles. I hope there are enough left undamaged so that you can get the job done. Can wait to see the results!

Wishing you luck!
Audrey

Primitive Stars said...

Oh lucky you Karin, I'm excited for you.Blessings Francine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...