Friday, November 20, 2015

What time is it??

I like wall clocks. I like wrist watches too.
I like to have a wall clock in every room. Sure, most carry a "smart" phone
(that's practically an extension of their body) so they always know the time.
Not me. I'm old school.

It just so happened I had two wall clocks finally cr*p out. They were nothing fancy. Just regular ol' wall clocks. I grabbed a plain, wood one locally, but I wanted something different for the kitchen.

So I hopped on the internet and starting looking for one. I'll tell you what... I couldn't find one!
Scratch that. I couldn't find one I really liked.

The pocket watch clocks are cute. But every one I saw either had "Paris" or "London" written on it. Well, this old farmhouse is red, white and blue and I mean that quite literally.
(Have you seen my decor?) As lovely as Paris and London truly are, it wasn't going to work.

So I was on a mission to find an Americana looking clock. I found some that had an American flag on it, but I wanted something a little more unusual.

Then I found it!
Thank you, Amazon .com!


 photo clock3_zps0yhm2bqr.jpg

 photo clock1_zpsfk2z8hn4.jpg

 photo clock2_zpslodxgtij.jpg

 photo clock_zpszvtcbkzu.jpg

Kellogg's Corn flakes? Patented in the late 1880's? This is an 1800's farmhouse? Yessiree, that's about as Americana as I'm going to get. The colors are perfect too.

So not only do I love it, I now know when it's time to have a bowl of cereal... Or better yet, a cookie.
((giggle))

Happy Friday, all.

:> )







7 comments:

Angela said...

Love the clock and all you have done to your kitchen. Have a great weekend.
Angela

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks, Angela! Enjoy your weekend, too!

Simply Quaint said...

I love it! I love your philosophy too...yes siree I am old school too!

Your kitchen is Awesome.....enjoy.....

Blessings
~Rhonda~

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks, Rhonda! Sounds like we're kindred spirits! ♥ I really am enjoying my kitchen!

Primitive Stars said...

What a great clock,Karin, I love it!!!!! You find such neat things, kitchen looking great.Blessings Francine.

marly said...

That is so perfect it's scary.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks, ladies! My mom was the queen of finding cool and unusual things. Hopefully I've got a little of that "finding" gene. ;> )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...