Monday, June 20, 2016

Is it just me...

or is time flying by!!

Man, I can't believe it's June 20th already! Wow!
It's been kind of crazy around here.
My precious Stella had another seizure. Although this one was mild compared to her first one two months ago. I am still determined to find the cause. I'm looking into something called "abdominal epilepsy." I know. It sounds kooky. But from what I've read, it could be a possibility. Intestinal microbial flora can produce seizures.
I'm a firm believer our food is causing us and our pets to have lots of health problems.
So needless to say, I've been extra neurotic worrying about her.
But on a happier note, little Gracie is doing great on her pancreatic enzymes. YaY!

Next... My sweet hubs has had a severe toothache for over a week. This is a man (almost a half a century old) and has had only one cavity in his life.
Must be nice.
Me on the other-hand, has had a noggin full of amalgam since childhood.
Thank you, Bazooka Joe and Pixy Stix.
So he really had a hard time dealing with the pain. After two visits to our dentist and no relief, he had it extracted today.
I tried to talk him into the ol' string and doorknob trick, but he wasn't falling for it. ((giggle))

After his ordeal, I thought I'd bake him some delicious oatmeal, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies!
Shhhh... Our dentist doesn't need to know that.
What's even better is they are made with no flour. I was skeptical, but they are really tasty!

 photo oatpeanutchocloatecookie_zpstm5elsz9.jpg

1 stick of softened (room temp) butter
1 C ~ Creamy peanut butter
1/2 C ~ Granulated sugar
1/2 C ~ Dark brown sugar
2 Large Eggs (room temp)
1 tsp ~ Vanilla
3 C ~ Gluten free quick oats
1 1/2 tsp ~ Baking soda
1 C ~ Dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix butter, peanut butter sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. beat until well combined. Add baking soda and oats, mix on low speed until combined.
Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by the heaping tablespoon, onto greased or parchment lined baking sheets. Slightly flatten.
Bake 9-12 minutes. (9 worked perfectly for me)
Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.

There you have it! Easy and delicious!

I swear I'm going to finish my Americana Firewood Folks this week! Unfortunately I'll only have two to offer for now. BUT I PROMISE I have more in the works.
I just got a little side tracked with a sweet hubs in a lot of pain and my little furbaby.

Okay, back to work!

Happy Monday night, all.

Remember to go outside and take a gander at that beautiful full moon!

:> )













4 comments:

Phyllis Wood said...

Karin, I'm sorry that your husband has been in such pain. Toothaches are one of the hardest "aches" to ignore.
It's terrific that Gracie is feeling so much better. I know how worried you must be about Stella. I know that you're doing a lot of medical research, but had she had an upsetting experience? The only reason I ask is that the only time my Indy had a seizure was the day my father died. We think it was a combination of knowing his daddy had died and picking up on our emotions. He never had another one afterwards. I'll keep Stella in my prayers. I've become so fond of her. She is fortunate to have such a caring mommy.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

He is so much better today!! Whew!!
Both her seizures have happened when she was sleeping. I still believe the first seizure was because of the high salt content in the dog food I was feeding her at the time causing hypernatremia. It's frustrating because I had no idea how high the salt content was since they don't print it on the label.
But I am determined to try to figure out what's going on with her. ♥

Phyllis Wood said...

Karin, I'm glad your husband is feeling better. That's a relief, I'm sure.
I saw Stella's pictures in her blog. She looks so beautiful and happy. I hope you can find out what the matter is. I know how you feel. They are members of the family and it's awful when they're not well.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Isn't she a cutie-pie?! How I love her to pieces!! She brings me such joy!
I'm still working on it. But I'm determined to figure it out. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...