Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Day Three...

and I've finally finished the first round of sanding. I was able to rip through the poly I put down the first time I did them. Thank you, 40 grit sandpaper.

Tomorrow I have to sand yet again with 120. Vacuum. Then I can stain. Then the first coat of poly. Then a light sanding. Vacuum. Then another coat of poly. Then another light sanding. Vacuum. Then... Well you get the drift. It's gonna be awhile.

 photo 5d1e2a0d-7554-4371-ad31-797b3fe14c73_zpsx9p0erwz.jpg

But first I need to clean up all the sawdust on the floor... and then on myself.

 photo 6cd41bb3-0c74-4114-b164-a8dab59f3ec9_zpse2yfa8o4.jpg

Happy Wednesday, all!!

:> )


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Karin, you must be exhausted. How long do you think it will take you?
Can't wait to see the end result.
How are the girls doing? I bet Stella especially misses you.

Maureen said...

The wood looks so pretty now I bet it will be AMAZING when all dolled up. Pace yourself Karin...that's a lot of work.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Phyllis, I can't wait either!! I'm hoping to have it finished by Sunday. But this humid weather we're having might interfere with the drying time.
Stella is not happy with me. I heard her in the kitchen rolling around in her dog bed being extremely local. I made sure I stopped and took her outside to play. Gracie on the otherhand only wants to eat. When her belly is full, she's content.
Maureen, I used this stain on the floorboards in our main bathroom. It came out beautiful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...