Saturday, April 15, 2017

It was fun while it lasted...

I knew it was just a matter of time before my sweet hubs would realize our last furniture purchase (especially the sofa) was too uncomfortable for him to sit on. But to his credit he "survived" sitting on them for almost two years. Truly a record for him! ((giggle))

As the wheels turned frantically in my head trying to figure out what I have to get rid of to keep the sofa or the two chairs somewhere in this old farmhouse, we decided to do some sofa shopping. We hit the usual national brand furniture stores but of course our idea of a sofa are worlds apart. He kept zeroing on oversized, man cave (too big for the actual room) furniture. Very similar to our "gigantic brown turd" sofa he previously picked out.

I was able to talk him into going back to the furniture store where we purchased the wonderful set we now have. Of course he was hesitant knowing most of the furniture is my taste and style. So I told him to wear a garlic necklace and carry a few silver bullets just in case. ((hee hee))

Well as we gave up all hope, there it was! A comfortable oversized sofa with a perfect farmhouse cottage look!! We both sat down on it at the same time... Ahhhhh. Perfect! He was happy with the puffy, wide cushions and I was happy with the esthetics. Jackpot! It's by Craftmaster.

 photo sofa1_zpsom5mhrso.jpg

I made it a point to bring the fabric from the arm covers (from the furniture that I love) to see if one of their fabrics would match. I was thrilled to see there is a close enough match to them.

 photo sofa2_zpsesey04d2.jpg

The sales guy mentioned they are having their yearly store sale in May. A sale???!!!! Well, you all know my eyes got as big as saucers when I heard that! So we will wait until May to order it.

 photo sofa3_zpsma2u2taj.jpg

Until the new sofa arrives, my sweet hubs will continue to sit on our living room floor and watch TV. (He can be so dramatic)


Happy Saturday, all!

:> )




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Karin. I'm glad you found a sofa you both will be happy with. I'm sure the girls will like it too.
It's very pretty. It should suit your decor perfectly.
Now, you just have to step over your husband until you get it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...