Monday, May 11, 2009

I Wanna Be A Cowboy...

Since I was a lil' kid, I've been intrigued with the wild west.


As I was doin' some spring cleanin', I came across this booklet I drew back when I was in Elementary school.


(Is that Mike Brady in the fringed jacket and cowboy hat?)



Looks like that lil' one armed baby has a spring stickin' out of her head. The poor lil' thing. But look how happy they all are.


(Too bad we didn't have spell check in those days.)



Is that Mike Brady again but with a beard, workin' on a wagon wheel? I thought he was an architect.
Jeepers, I must have had a Brady Bunch Fatal Attraction back then.



I always wished I could lived back in those early days.
Judgin' by this outfit, I would have been the town barber or a prisoner at the local jail.



:> )

9 comments:

Cookie said...

Treasure these things goob... you are so fortunate that your mom put them away for you. Mine were lost along the way -

they are great!

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

giddy up, there, ol Peanut !

you sure got those westerns right ! great story !...

There is something about a western movie !.. I still like watching them, Pilgrim ! I mean Peanut ! LOL

Hugs and a Howdy do to you
Linda

bayrayschild said...

How cute are those drawings!

And you... why you are just so adorable!

It's not too late to make your wishes come true. LOL! I just looked up and read "Well hello! Fancy seein' you here! I bet you didn't realize I can see ya typin' right now!"
Ha! I think you really missed your calling. You should have been a comedienne!
Audrey

Susan said...

Your childhood art is wonderful. I have several things similar to these. As for the picture of you, it is just too cute. I love the stripes. I love it that your people are so smiley. Luv it all! You are too much.

Tina said...

How fun to find things like this. What a treasure. and there may have been a bit of a brady influence going on for sure.
T

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I'm going with Brady bunch fatal attraction..that was my favorite show..still watch it from time to time..you are just to flipping funny and always come up with the goofiest posts..and I love reading them.cute picture of you by the way..I am leaning towards stewardess though...:)

My Colonial Home said...

Well you have me laughing but IN A GOOD WAY...not at you...just that it's so darned cute!
Thanks for sharing this treasure.
Karen

twinkle teaches said...

Oh my! Too funny. I found a book I wrote in 1st grade about mermaids and fish. The illustrations were insane and it was how the mermaids used fishing poles to catch fish. I posted it on my blog a few months back for a good laugh. LOL
:) tina

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Hmm, some things never change. You're just as clever today as you were back then. Your Moms was a good egg for keeping these for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...