Saturday, June 26, 2010

I Went For A Bike Ride...

Up ahead is a small steel deck bridge.


My whole life, I've always had a fear of heights.
I remember in elementary school goin' into a complete panic when we had air raid/fire drills. (Yes, I am that old.)


Not because Communist Russia could be bombin' us. Heck, I could handle that! Brezhnev was nothin' compared to my fear of the fire escape.



We would have to line up single file and go out the emergency exit and down three flights of stairs.


When you're afraid of heights, the last thing you want to see through the metal grate steps is the hard pavement below!



I thought for sure the heel of my Buster Brown Mary Jane would get snagged and over the railin' I would go.



But after all these years, look what I can do minus the Mary Janes...


Ta-dah!!!



YaY Me!
:> )

3 comments:

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Good for you!!! Proud of you!!
Laurie

Anonymous said...

So you up for some bungee jumpin' next? ;)

Susan said...

Nope, not this little chicken. I hate heights and have a strong aversion to water, so your little picture is more in line with the nightmare category for me. I walked out on a tiny pier in CA over about 3 feet of water and could barely get back to land. I'm proud of you though, very proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...