Monday, June 4, 2012

A woman's work is never done...

I've always wanted a laundry room. I guess I thought it would make doing laundry more enjoyable.
Doesn't this room make you want to do 14 loads of whites?
Photobucket

These doors are a great idea.
Photobucket

You know how I love beadboard.
Photobucket

This room is a little too contemporary for me but oooooh, those pretty sparkly reds remind me of Dorothy's scoots. Maybe if I click my heels and say, "There's no place like home
with a new red washer and dryer. There's no place like home with a new red washer and dryer." They will appear.
Photobucket
**click**click**
Nothing.

D*mn.


Photobucket

This one is so pretty.
Photobucket

Instead of a laundry room I have a laundry cubbyhole with my washer and dryer tucked behind doors.
Photobucket
Truth be told, I am extremely grateful my laundry is on the first floor and not in the basement. Have you ever been down in the basement of a home built in the 1800's?? **shudder**
I was expecting to find the Crypt Keeper sitting there when we first looked at the place.

Photobucket

Not only does he keep me company when I'm ironing,
Photobucket
he also give me a heads up when I'm low on Gain.

:> )

5 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Oh I love all the rooms that you showed and I LOVE your laundry room and your cute little helper.;)

Susan said...

I thought I was the only one that loves laundry rooms. I always wanted one of those ironing boards that dropped down from inside the wall. Hubs redid my laundry room several years ago and I love it. Gives me the perfect excuse to stay in the basement where my hobbies are. I can make three loads of laundry last all day. I'm in the market for a new washer myself, but dislike the front loaders. Mine never dries out and stays mildew-y. But back to the point, I love those red appliances. I'll bet if I asked real pretty like, I might can get them. I have beanie babies that help me wash and they would love a new red washer and dryer.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

I love laundry rooms too. ♥ That black cabinet on the wall is a vintage drop down ironing board. I LOVE it! I wouldn't go back to a regular ol' ironing board.
That red washer and dryer are the cat's meow!! Not sure if I'd want a front load washing machine though. Can you imagine if it leaked? Yikes!
But they sure are cool looking.

tj said...

...Ooo, I love your lil' laundry cubby hole, as you called it - too cute! And I love your drop down ironing board cabinet, I am so wanting one of those.

...I love all of the laundry rooms that you've shown us but my personal fav's are the last two, yours and the one above it. :o)

...Enjoy your day!

...Blessings :o)

Carol Roll said...

Love the first laundry room especially and as always your make me giggle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...