Sunday, September 2, 2012

Are you ready for some...

Zucchini muffins??!!!

You thought I was going to say "football", didn't you? Nope.
If it's a choice between a pigskin and a sweet treat with cream cheese frosting, I'm going for the latter. Although a pigskin covered in cream cheese frosting does sounds enticing. ((giggle))

Here's a terrific recipe for Zucchini Muffins.

Photobucket

Ingreds.
3 1/4 C~ All purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp~Salt
1 tsp~Ground nutmeg
2 tsp~Baking soda
1 tsp~Ground cinnamon
3 C~Sugar
1 C~Vegetable oil
4~Eggs (beaten)
1/3 C~Water
2 C~Grated zucchini
1 tsp~Lemon juice
1 C~ Chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Preheat oven 350 degrees. In large bowl combine, flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
In separate bowl combine oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice.
Mix wet ingreds into dry. Fold in nuts.
Place muffins liners in muffin tin. Fill almost to the top.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick tester comes out clean. (Mine came out perfect at 35 minutes)
Makes 12 muffins.

Cream Cheese Frosting

1/2 C~Softened butter
8 oz~ Softened cream cheese
2-3 C~Confectioners' sugar
1 tsp~Vanilla

Mix all ingreds together until smooth. Slather on and dig in!!

Happy Sunday!!
:> )

3 comments:

Susan said...

Where do you get the zucchini? Do you grow them? I've never purchased any. I know nothing about them. Do you peel them before grating them? I did make your blueberry muffins from 2008 just last week. Might try these, also. xoxo

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

These won't disappoint, Peachy! I'm not a big zucchini eater. I have grown them but didn't this year. You can pick them up at the grocery store or local farmers market.
I don't peel mine, just give 'em a good cleaning and cut the ends off.
I've tried cooking them all kinds of different ways, but I'm not gaga over anything I've made EXCEPT for these muffins. :> )

tj said...

...Slather on and dig in - now that's my kinda language! :o)

...Thank you for the recipe! I needed this. Really, I do.

...Great photo too!

...Blessings :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...