Sunday, January 27, 2013

Week One...

It's been absolutely insane, but I haven't smiled this much in a very long time.

With a face like this, how could I not!

Photobucket

Saying Stella is a complete handful is an understatement. For some reason I don't remember our Darla being this wild as a pup.
But then again I'm older, my memory isn't so good and I occasionally wear my bra and wears on the outside of my clothes.
((giggle))

Yesterday, was one week Stella has been with us. So we decided to put her and Gracie together in the living room.
Gracie on the couch, Stella on the floor. I had on a black and white striped ref shirt and wore a whistle.

Stella immediately went for her thinking they would both have a ball and play together. Oh but Gracie had other plans. The fur stood up on the back of her neck as she belted out a snarly "get the h*ll outta my space" bark. It was then followed up with lots of growling and more barking.

It didn't phase Stella in the least. She wanted to play. She ran back in front of the couch when all of the sudden she barked! Her first bark!! We all stood there like deer in headlights. Even Stella had a look of "What the h*ll was that??!!"

Needless to say, with her new found voice she literally barked herself dry to where she started to gag. Stella didn't get to play with Gracie and Gracie still hates her. We tried it again today. A repeat performance of yesterday.

So are things any better? Not really. I guess it's just going to take time. A very l-o-n-g time.
Man these are the days I wished the Dog Whisperer was our neighbor.

But on a happier note, I was able to finish three pieces I'd been working on prior to Stella's arrival. YIPPEE!!
Two will be on TDIPT Mercantile for Feb 1st and the third will be listed on my selling site!!

Happy Sunday!!

:> )

8 comments:

bayrayschild said...

Ha! HANG IN THERE GIRL!

Audrey

Judi Hunziker said...

LOL Darla is laughing herself silly in doggie heaven and most likely she is pleased that she can't be replaced as far as Gracie is concerned! You have an adorable puppy and I am enjoying reading both blogs about your new adventures with Stella. Keep the faith, it will get better if you manage to survive. (grin)

Earlene said...

They will come around...give it a couple of weeks. Stella is gowing!
And so adorable too.

Susan said...

I'm just so glad you are smiling and happy. That warms my heart. It really does.

Peri said...

The day of the first word of a new baby is a proud day and I am pleased you have survived to hear it!
Gracie can now start explaining to Stella that why she is not as cute as Darla so she should go away,and Stella can explain that she is here and so get used to it. They have started their dialogue at least! O it will be noisy for a while. But, by next week they will likely be sleeping together! (hopeful giggles)
And YOU have three new piece done!! That is impressive for a new puppy's mother!! Way to go! Now go reward yourself with ice cream!!

Carol Roll said...

Oh would i have loved to have heard that puppy bark. too cute. poor poor Gracie but she'll get used to her. More pictures please!

Cookie said...

awwwww... i get so happy when i come visiting! ♥

Alison said...

Early days yet. I'm sure Gracie will eventually become friends with Stella. That or she'll try to give her away to next person who rings the door bell. LOL!

Ali x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...