Thursday, September 19, 2013

Okay. Now what do I do?

I listed my oak coffee table on Craigslist the other day.
Truthfully, I didn't expect to sell it, but I did.

I sold it so fast, I don't have another coffee table to replace it.
But I want something small instead of the "Cessna" I had parked in front of the couch.

With Stella in this crazed "Terrible Twos" stage (but she's not quite 10 months old) I need something on my braided rug. Otherwise she will yank, pull, tug at it even more. Have I mentioned I'm ready to kill her?!
**ahem**
Figuratively speaking, of course.
**cough**

So I have to make do with a make do coffee table.

Notice Miss Congeniality (Gracie) and Twinkle Toes (Stella) in the background.

 photo ctable_zpsb1498baf.jpg


It's a small antique barn door from our dairy barn on top of a small tavern table.

Hey, don't laugh.
If it holds my coffee cup and keeps Twinkle Toes from gnawing on the rug, it's a perfect coffee table.

Happy Thursday!!

:> )



11 comments:

Carol Roll said...

Congrats on your sale! and this is table is just fine. love seeing the babies together on the couch.

Michelle said...

I actually really like this and I think Stella is also VERY, VERY interesting into tasting that Witches Hat. Just sayin......

Maureen said...

That is one handsome old door and it looks like it is filling your simple needs perfectly. Ahh sweet necessity the mother of invention :)

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Hey, I am not laughing. I think it is great! The puppies are so cute, peaking around the hat. Who is she talking about - Us?

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks, guys! You know what? I'm really digging it too. Isn't that door beautiful? That was a well used door. ♥
But it weighs a ton and it's very not secure. So I'll need to figure something out. I don't want a flattened Chihuahua or Boston Terrier. ;> )

You're so right Maureen!! Necessity is definitely the mother of invention.

Dixie Redmond said...

i love that table!

Earlene said...

It's perfect!!!! Love the look and the witches hat on it.
Those two are so cute peeking off the couch:0) Makes me smile.
Earlene

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Karen, I looooove the door coffee table, me loves me prims and it would fit in my house perfectly, :) Those two in the back are so cute, Blessings Francine.

Peri said...

Measure the top of the tavern table. Turn the door over and screw on four pieces of angle iron (painted the color of the table) to the back of the door and then turn the door over and fit the new "table frame" over the now "table base" and voila! New coffee table that will be safe but not attached to the tavern table. If you glue some felt to the angle irons your table will not get scratched at all!!
This very brilliant idea is brought to you by the one and only CatDaddy!!
Love the look now! But I wouldn't trust the Puppies of the Damned until I fixed that door!!

Anonymous said...

I quite like your replacement. Suits the hat!

Ali

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks again, everyone and for the advice, Peri.
I made a band for my witch's hat that reads, "The witch is in." My hubs can attest to that. ((giggle))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...