Friday, May 16, 2014

"We need to find God,

and He cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass - grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls."
~Mother Teresa

This quote is one of my favorites.
As of late, I seem to be reminded of it.



I turn on the television and I see nothing but arguing, chaos, fighting, anger, jealously, pain, violence, deceit... I could go on but you get the gist. It's absolutely everywhere. Whether it's a reality show, the news or the weather.

Even what's considered a comedy, isn't really funny. It's a lot of crude comments peppered with a few funny lines. Heck I'm by no means a prude. But I find myself shaking my head thinking, "Did they really have to say that?" as I turn the channel to find something else to watch.

If you're a history buff, you will see the pattern. I promise not to go all crazy, nasty*ss Honey Badger on you. All I will say is please do the research and educate yourself and your family.

So this past week I decided (for the most part) to turn off the box full of "noise and restlessness."
I can honestly say it's been quite wonderful.
No noise.
Peaceful.

Have a terrific weekend, all.

:> )














No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...