Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Can't decide on a length...

Ack!!

 photo buff1_zps0lp0qb9c.jpg

I finally had some time to get a visual on how the French Gray Buffalo Check will look. Ooooh me likey!! But I'm still not sure of the length.

 photo buff3_zpszqoqsbqd.jpg

 photo buff2_zpsqowaq1mu.jpg

Sorry about all the weird lighting. It's been overcast and gloomy. An icky-poo-poo kind of day.


Do I want them to the bottom wood trim like most standard curtains? Or will they look too squatty because the windows are wide but not tall. OR do I want them longer?? Making the windows look taller since the ceiling is vaulted.
Heck, I don't know!!

So what do YOU think?? I'm pretty sure I bought enough fabric to make them as long as the ones I made previously.

About 8" past the wood trim.

 photo buff4_zpsverbie2p.jpg

Here I pinned them up to the wood trim....

 photo buf5_zpsd8s6zgd3.jpg

Maybe a happy medium would be 4" longer than the wood trim.

:> )


Happy Tuesday, all!





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh! These are going to look so pretty. I really like the last picture, up near the wood trim. That one is my favorite. :-)

Judi Hunziker said...

I like the length of your previous curtains a lot!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Hee hee!! Thanks so much, ladies! You are the best and I truly appreciate your input. ♥
But I think I am going to pull a Goldilocks.
8" below the trim is too long. Right at the trim is too short. But 4" below the trim is just right. ((giggle))
Now I need to psych myself up into sewing them. I just don't want to make any measuring/cutting mistakes and lose some of my fabric. Eeek!!!
Measure twice. Cut once. ;> )

Unknown said...

Wish I could sew. I use fabric adhesive tape! Haha I have sown before but find this to be easier. My hubby helps me with the measurements cause I mess 'em up every time! Lol
Excited to see your new curtains!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...