Saturday, September 10, 2016

I didn't get the second call back from the vet yet...

 photo stellie_zpsjpxspaim.jpg

So I decided I wasn't going to sit around and wait. Since she is leaning towards the diagnosis of a liver shunt, I dove head first into the internet. Stella actually has a few of the symptoms of a liver shunt. Although subtle, I have noticed them.

Knowing what I know about food and what it can do to the body (humans and canines alike), I researched diets for dogs with liver shunts.
It's frustrating on what is the "correct" way to feed your dog. Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and with the internet, they are all out there to make your head spin. Everyone argues that their way of feeding is better than anyone else. That being said, I decided on one recipe that made the most sense to me and cooked it up for her.

Needless to say she loves it! Although I still need to get her the proper supplements. But for now getting her on the right food is a start instead of waiting for someone to tell me to change her diet. It's all about common sense.

Thank the Lord above she is still seizure free and pray she will continue to be.

That's it for now.
I have more Halloween Firewood Folk heads and bodies strewn all over my dining room table. I plan on working on them over the weekend with Stella by my side.

Have a terrific Saturday, all.

:> )






4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Karin, how are you doing? I hope that you've gotten some rest. Keep after the doctors. Stella is lucky to have such a proactive mommy. I'm so happy that she hasn't had any more seizures. She'll continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
Look forward to seeing your Halloween Firewood Folk.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks, Phyllis. I'll do whatever I can to make her the happiest and healthiest little Boston Terrier for as long as the good Lord above let's me have her. ♥

Carol Roll said...

so glad she likes the new food and praying it helps her! your the best mom!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks, Jinxie. So are you. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...