Monday, April 24, 2017

They Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To...

Man, I'm showing my age when I say stuff like that. But it's so true.

 photo kr1_zpsm5zxu4ww.jpg

I have my parents vintage Boston rocker. I love it!
I have a new rocker my sweet hubs bought for me and there is no comparison as far as comfort goes. The old one contours to the body so much better.
Insert "they don't make 'em like they used to" here.

Next, I needed to order a cushion set for it. I hopped on old faithful JCP site and found a set with just the color I was looking for. "Original" price stated 80 bucks but they were having a 40% of "sale." So I ordered the set.

 photo kr2_zpsjwups5fv.jpg

Well, the tufted cushions (especially the seat cushion) were so sparsely stuffed. It didn't feel cushiony at all. I hoped it would feel like I was sitting on a cloud. Instead it felt like I was sitting a sparsely stuffed cushion. What's even more frustrating the stock photos and the customer photos from a few years back looked fully stuffed.
Insert "They don't make 'em like they used to" here.

Oh well, I'm going to keep them anyway.

I guess the longer you've been on the planet, the more you complain about the way things used to be.
I totally get that now.

:> )


Happy Monday.






4 comments:

Maureen said...

Knowing your sewing skills, I can see you opening up the cushion and shoving in some more stuffing. Oh and you are very very right.....NOTHING is made like it used to be :(

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Maureen, I definitely thought about it. But it kind of ticks me off that I would have to though. I'm showing my old age again! ((giggle))

Cookie said...

I've always loved seeing pics of your home... love this sitting area too!
Hope you and the bookend are doing well, Goob! Just a couple more years and I can retire finally. We are thinking about selling everything and buying an RV. Crazy, huh! <3

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Hey, Goob!! That is freakin' awesome!! I can totally see you guys selling everything and traveling the country in an RV!
If you're in the northeast you know you'll have to make a pit stop here!! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...