Thursday, May 25, 2017

Finished painting my little farmhouse studio...

and I'm so pleased with it!! The walls are Benjamin Moore's "Dove White." The trim and wall shelves are Benjamin Moore's "Edgecomb Gray."

It's so light and bright even on this gloomy day!! YaY!!

My sweet hubs wanted me to get rid of our old dining table. But I told him "Heck no! Someday I might need it!"
Sure enough, I did.
I now have a place to trace out my patterns and cut fabric. Yippee!!
Stella has a cool hangout spot under it.

 photo studio1_zpslrqwo3me.jpg

My dad built those pine shelves for my mom back in the 70's. In the 90's she decided to take them down asking me if I wanted them. They've come with me to two homes now.

 photo studio9_zpsls4dqosu.jpg

I've been hanging onto that antique wooden pulley since we pulled it out of our dairy barn years ago. I thought it would be cool to hold my measuring tape.

 photo studio2_zpsp4bblnxb.jpg

An old door knob will do the trick, also.

 photo studio3_zpsnpiwnjc9.jpg

Since this is where I'll create, I wanted to surround myself with things near and dear to my heart.

The massive photo is of my precious Darla. She is the reason why I will always have a Boston Terrier in my life. She taught me so much. ♥

 photo studio4_zpsxgrunccp.jpg

Here's adorable Hannah and my favorite photo of her. Hans (black and tan) was my first dachshund. Dachshunds are wonderful and are our second favorite breed. ♥

 photo studio10_zpsjmgbj3pc.jpg

I have a few things I made as a child, too.
Like this little squash guy. Circa 1974.

 photo studio6_zpsgep3980i.jpg

The first primitive dollie I ever made. I gave her to my mom. After mom passed, the dollie came back to me.
Old family photos...

 photo studio7_zpsay8irbqv.jpg

 photo studio8_zps0b8hqlze.jpg

So very true.
Both literally and figuratively.

Now that this is complete, I can focus my time on planting some annuals and possibly starting a veggie garden. I hope everyone has a terrific Memorial weekend!

Remember to turn off all your electronic gadgets, go outside and enjoy nature!

:> )




6 comments:

marly said...

I get so mad at myself when I see others planning, executing, and enjoying a completed project! I can't even pick out a paint color! It looks so nice and the light paints showcase your treasures. I remember Hannah's passing, the photo of her looking out the window, that had me tearing for weeks. Darla's photo is so sweet.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Marly, that photo of Hannah is in my studio! I took a close up of it and posted it. She sat at the window every single day. Man, I miss her. She was so unique. She would smile when we told her how pretty she was. ♥

Maureen said...

You have pulled together a beautiful creative space for yourself! It looks like your view out the window is pretty too.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Gayle said...

Looks like a great place for creating - love the light and all the furnishings!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thank you! ♥
Gayle, I love the natural light in there!

Maureen, I was just watching a woodchuck chomping on some greenery. Thankfully it wasn't anything I planted. :> )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...