Sunday, May 21, 2017

I've been working on...

my Americana Civil War Firewood Folks trio for a few months and finally finished them.

 photo 468536ce-12ce-4372-b50c-d96a3ba01fb5_zpshcipq9ux.jpg

Robert E. Lee, President Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S. Grant are all spoken for. But I wanted to share their photo.

Ulysses reminds me of a young Clint Eastwood in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. ((giggle))

We had a new log load dropped off so I plan on creating more Firewood Folks in the future. Man, I have such a blast creating them. But they take time to create.

Today I made a beeline to the Home Depot. They are having their Behr Memorial Day paint sale all week!
I've got my Benjamin Moore paint colors mixed and tomorrow I'll start painting my studio. Ooooh, I can't wait!!

Happy Sunday night, all!!

:> )


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Karin. They are sooo adorable. You've been busy, haven't you? I love them all, but Abe is my favorite.
Is your new studio complete?

Maureen said...

An awesome trio! As an aside, Thanks for honoring Gen Lee while statues of him are being removed... are we meant to pretend "things" didn't happen??
Sorry....don't mean to get all political here.
Enjoy this pretty Monday!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks, Ladies! Nope, Phyllis. I just starting painting today. But it's looking wonderful!!
Maureen, don't be sorry. My love of American history (good and bad) will always be told in my little Firewood Folks. :> )



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...