Thursday, September 12, 2019

More reinventing vintage furniture...

As I've mentioned, I have an obsession with hutches.

I found this vintage beauty back in 2014 on Craigslist.

 photo hutch1_zpsb043d507.jpg

When I repainted my kitchen for the 99th time, I gave her a fresh coat of paint and new hardware. She stood proudly in my kitchen for many years.

 photo chhut1_zpsysrbmcfb.jpg

Then after painting my kitchen for the 100th time, I realized something. All my hutches were basically a catch-all for all my crap "treasures." They were strictly used for decorating and not being utilized. That got me thinking.

What would I love in my kitchen? Let's see... How about a coffee bar? I really do love my java throughout the day but, nah.

Then it dawned on me. I LOVE to bake!! Especially chocolate chip cookies! Why not make a little baking station!!

So I did what I normally do. I waited for my sweet hubs to go to work so he wouldn't tell me how crazy I am and got crackin'.

Took the top off.
Man, that sucker was heavy! Took the lower doors off. Stitched up some curtains with the leftover fabric when I made my kitchen curtains and...

VoilĂ !!!

 photo apples_zpspxdubzfh.jpg

 photo bakingstation_zpsrlkdpch0.jpg

This has worked out perfectly! Not only do I have a place to bake; by removing the top, it has opened up that area in my kitchen even more. Yippee!!

Best of all when my sweet hubs walked through the door, he was actually impressed!!
Woo hoo!!
Guess I'm not so crazy after all!
Well...
((giggle))

Until next time.
:> )





7 comments:

Maureen said...

Any creative plans for the top part? And do you have a deeelicious chocolate chip cookie recipe to share?

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Maureen, I'm using the top in my studio to hold supplies. ;> )
I stick with the tried and true Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. But I cut back on the sugar. Also use Red Hill Organic All Purpose Flour and Nestle Artisan Collection Extra Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips. Big difference in flavor. Made some the other day. Yum!!!

Maureen said...

Perfect for storage use ! and thanks for your cookie recipe changes. I jotted them down. Love that Toll House recipe.

marly said...

Another great idea! I want a cookie.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Maureen, definitely try both. Those chocolate chips are 48% cacao. They also make a 61% cacao, but that's a little rough for me personally. But hubs loves them.
Marly, I always have homemade chocolate chip cookies in my house. C'mon over! Hee hee!

Penny said...

Looks great! And such a good idea to make a special baking area! Chocolate chip cookies sound good....think I’ll go make some!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks, Penny! Everyday is a good day to make chocolate chip cookies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...