Monday, August 20, 2007

I'll Be Ready In Another Five Years...

Our barn sale is done and over with. Whew! It was fun but it was alot of work. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful weekend either. Although I did get quite a sunburn, especially my lips. I guess that's because I was flappin' my gums so much talkin' to all the people.


Folks from all over the country stopped by. We even had some wonderful folks from Canada stop in. I could have chatted with them all day. They have those cute Canadian accents. But I reckon they thought it was us who had the accents.


Then we had this one ol' timer who walked up to us and asked "You're having a barn sale? How much for the barn?", grinnin' from ear to ear. (A real knee slapper!) I bet he told that joke to every sale he stopped at changin' the word "barn" to "garage" or "yard", dependin' on where he was. :> )


Hubs is thrilled with all we sold because now we can turn that spare room which was filled to the ceilin' with boxes, into a library area to keep all his books. But I'm sure y'all can guess I have different plans for it.


If ya haven't had a garage sale for some time, its somethin' to consider. Not only will ya empty out some of the contents of your home; it brings this vast land of ours and folks a little closer and I like that. Besides, now I have more room in the ol' homestead to bring in more "treasures". But I don't want hubs to read this. Soooo....


"This post will self-destruct in 5 seconds. Good luck Jim."

1 comment:

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Morning!
So glad that you got that taken care of! Now come down here and tackle mine; I have rooms of junk!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...