Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm Still Crazy...



I have so many projects goin' on at the same time my head is spinnin'! After all my hemin' and hawin' about wantin' a wood stove for my readin' room, my wish came true!


The problem was since I wanted it so close to the wall we had to have fireboard put up for codes.
Well heck I didn't want that nasty ol' concrete board showin', so I painted it like faux brick to match the colors in the hearth.


Another problem is when y'all live in a house built in the 1800's, the floors tend to slant. So I figure every time we have company, I'll throw a cocktail in their hand. This way they'll get a lil' tipsy and think it's the alcohol makin' 'em slant. They won't even notice the slanted faux brick wall.


The pics are so dark, y'all can't see that the stove is a lovely chocolate brown enamel.
I still have to patch around the pipe but at least that lil' dollie is enjoyin' the fire.

3 comments:

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

You did an AWESOME job painting the brick! WOW!!!!!!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks darlin'! By the way, I used your wonderful "Blondie's One & Only Original Primitive Staining Solution to antique it. I LOVE that stuff! Everyone should have a bottle. :> )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...