Friday, November 23, 2007

I'm Stuffed....

Even though it was a dreary, foggy, rainy and cold day, it didn't stop us from havin' a wonderful family gatherin' and Thanksgivin' dinner at the ol' homestead.


I made enough food to feed an army so not only did everyone leave with full bellies, they went home with a full doggie bag.


I couldn't help but chuckle when I woke up yesterday mornin', walked outside and saw these wild turkeys in the field. If they only knew what day it was.



As far as today goes... We don't do the "Black Friday" shoppin' gig.


I still don't understand it and truthfully I don't want to. Sorry folks, but I can't think of any item on this here planet that would get me to a Wal-Mart at 5:00 in the mornin' no matter how cheap the price.


Instead, I'll blast my Christmas music, drag out all my decorations and get crackin' on deckin' the halls.


I also look forward to all the Christmas shows and movies this time of year. Sure we have them on DVD, but its just not the same as watchin' them when they're scheduled.


My all-time favorite is "A Charlie Brown Christmas." Its the only one that tells the true meanin' of Christmas. I have watched it every year for as long as I can remember and I still do. I also still cry when I watch it. Man, I am such a sap! I get teary eyed every time I hear those piano keys when the needles fall off his scraggly Christmas tree.


I think I told y'all, I'm married to my very own Charlie Brown. The only difference is mine has a goatee and doesn't wear a yellow and black zig-zag shirt.

1 comment:

Dixie Redmond said...

A Charlie Brown Christmas is our favorite, too! Alex loves it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...