Thursday, February 14, 2008

Its February 14th...


Truthfully, I was never much into Valentine's Day, even in my younger days. It seems so superficial to me.


I don't need 100 bucks worth of roses and a huge box of chocolates to tell me he loves me. The flowers will last all of a week and I might as well glue those chocolates, lil' papers and all right to my inner thighs because that's where they're goin' to end up anyway.


I'm a much more practical gal. Ya know what would be a nice Valentine gift? A houseful of new windows. Now there's a gift! If he really loves me, he won't want to see me danglin' out the window with a bottle of Windex in one hand while tryin' to hang on and wipe with the other. Nothin' says "I love you" more, than double hung tilt-ins.


Sure diamonds are nice but unless I plan on wearin' lots of bling in the produce department at Hannaford Supermarket; I'll pass. Instead, he can do the grocery shoppin' for me for a whole month. Let him drag the cart through the unplowed parkin' lot full of snow as one wheel locks up. Now THAT'S romance for ya!


I don't need a PajamaGram either. Heck, if I had the shape of any of those gals on that TV commercial I wouldn't need pajamas. I'd be prancin' around the house without a stitch on 24/7. But since I don't, I'll take a pair of Hanes sweatpants with matchin' sweatshirt. Preferably in red, seein' it's Valentine's Day and all.


Dinner is always nice, but no real fancy frou-frou restaurants for me. If there's more silverware than your basic fork, spoon and knife on the table; I'll spend more time worryin' which one is the salad fork and I won't enjoy myself. I'm happy anywhere as long as they don't ask me if I'd like to supersize my meal or I have to bus my own table.


Happy Valentine's Day Folks!!!


6 comments:

Pond Creek Primitives said...

I'm right with ya on this one -- plain and simple for me !! Put gas in my car .... I'll even pay ... just put gas in my car so I don't have to mess with it !!! Would love it better than 4 dozen roses and dinner at the Olive Garden. Love is just so simple ... wonder why folks make it so hard ..................

Love your blog, and LOVED your Oz Folks!

Bee

tattered 'n torn prims said...

I thought I was an original....or a cheap date by another name!! LOL!! For Valentine's Day....I get to prime and paint the bathroom ceiling and then hubby and I are working together tonite on the vanity!! It's true love!! (And I wouldn't have it any other way!!)

Cookie said...

truer words have never been uttered - you nailed it this time, Goob!

♥ True friends are those who really know you, but love you anyway. ♥

Thanks for always overlooking my shortcomings!

Chatty Kathy~Palmetto Prims said...

Oh my, you must be the sister I never had!!! We are putting molding up around our windows for Valentines. I got new windows last year for my birthday and anniversary. Right now I'm in sweatpants and oversized sweatshirt!! hdvykyoHmmmmm, true love!!! Happy Valentines!!

tj said...

...Oh this post so hit the nail on the head! I think marriage and age plays a huge part in Valentine's Day. When you're young you think of wine, roses and rings and when you're older you dream of tilt-in insulated windows, a new stove and and electric blanket! lol... ;o)

...Here's wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day Karin and I'm also wishing you new tilt-in windows! ;o)...

...I will be preparing my acceptance speech for the wonderful award that you have bestowed upon me! I nearly cried when I read that earlier - you are a dear of a person! Thank you for making my day! :o)

...You're the BEST - Blessings to you... :o)

Susan said...

Hi, I found your blog surfing thru blog land. You are so right on practical gifts. I got a houseful of windows for my birthday several years ago and oh, how awesome. If I ever do decide to clean them, they tilt right in. Stop by A Walk In The Park sometime and look at my art and sidebar friends.
Susan K.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...