Monday, February 11, 2008

YaY! She Came Today...

I recently won the sweetest paintin' of a sunflower on eBay. It was painted by my good friend Dix of Northdixie Designs. What a talent this gal is!


First I must apologize for outbiddin' another good friend, Sage to win it. I'm sorry darlin', I just had to have her! But we all agree higher bids benefit the artist, which is why we don't mind biddin' against each other.


I carried her around my home and asked her where she'd like to settle down. I had planned on hangin' her in my work room but since I need to get her a frame, she had other plans.




So for now she chose to rest in my kitchen on an ol' antique cupboard. Gee, I hope she doesn't notice the pile of dishes in the sink. Maybe I'd better go point her in another direction.


Thanks again Dix! I love her! :> )

4 comments:

tattered 'n torn prims said...

She looks right at home there!! Quite an addition!! If there is a stack of dishes...she doesn't seem to mind!! LOL!! Congrats on a wonderful treasure!!
Stace

Cookie said...

wow, that dix really does amazing things with a paintbrush!
this is absolutely gorgeous ... be glad I didnt catch wind of the wrestlin match - she was worth the fight!

Just beautiful and perfect in your kitchen, buddy :)

tj said...

...Wow! That is beautiful! And she looks right at home at your house too - your place is so pretty, who wouldn't be at home there?! ;o)

...Congrat's on winning!

...Blessings... :o)

Michelle said...

How did I miss this post??? I have 2 of Dixie's paintings and I LOVE them! THey are truly awesome in a magical way.

Glad you have one to bless yoor life now.

Hugs,
Tink

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...