Wednesday, March 5, 2008

For Now, This Is As Close As I'm Goin' To Get...

to seein' a wildflower in these parts. One made out of muslin. She is my latest creation I'm workin' on.




Black Eyed Susans (Rudbeckia hirta), Purple Coneflowers (Echinacea purpurea) and Shasta Daisies (Chrysanthemum maximum) are three of my favorites.



Wildflowers have such a carefree spirit that I love so. They are such a visual feast for the ol' peepers and will bring a smile to your face no matter how bad your day. (I bet y'all are smilin' right now...)


"May all your weeds be wildflowers." ~Author Unknown
:> )

6 comments:

tj said...

...lol...You kill me! lol...And I mean that in a GOOD way! :o) I love your latest creation already - is she gonna be a blackeyed susan or a sunflower or do I just have to wait to find out? ;o)

...And how on earth did you give that flower that face like that? Is that Photoshop'd? Please do tell - Love it! :o)

...Always so much fun coming here!

...Blessings... :o)

Cookie said...

you know her cousin is sprouting up like a weed at my house!
love her, goob :)

tattered 'n torn prims said...

You rock!! So creative!! That's my kind of gardening wildflowers and weeds!! LOL!!
Stacey

Cookie said...

by the way, there is something special for you on my blog :)
Abilene told me to ask you to stop on over !

Susan Walker said...

Oh Peanut...those are great pics! I can hardly wait for summer after seeing them. Your dollie is looking quite wonderful so far...can't wait to see where she ends up!

Your blog always makes me smile. I have a little something for you. When you get a chance, please stop by my blog, ok? Hugs--Susan

Michelle said...

Oooohhhhh...Flowers...I can't wait! I am begging for spring. Can't wait to see your little darling finished! Incredible work. Those petals must have your fingers bleeding after sewing them all on.

Hugs,
Tink

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...