Thursday, April 17, 2008

More Countryfolk Trivia...

Dear, sweet Stace of Tattered'nTorn Prims tagged me to tell ya five things about myself. Are ya ready????



1. When I was a baby, I never crawled like a normal baby. (Gee, who would have thought?) I used to sit like an Indian (sorry for my political incorrectness) and scoot around on my butt. To this day, I still like to sit that way but I don't move quite as fast.


2. When I was 6, our family was at my uncle's (Polish) weddin'. I kept complainin' to mama I didn't feel good and that I had a real bad belly ache.
Since she thinks everyone is a hypochondriac; she kept tellin' me I was fine and to "Go do the polka with your cousin Tracy."
Well later that day, daddy took me to the E.R. and I had to have an emergency appendectomy. So now its a standard joke when anyone tells me they're sick, I tell them to "Go do the polka with your cousin Tracy."


3. I spent my 7th birthday in the hospital for that same appendectomy.


4. When I was young'un, I used to play my 45 record "Lime In The Coconut" on 78 speed and lip sync the song. I always made mama and daddy laugh. (For you young'uns, playin' a 45 record on 78 speed sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks)


5. I have a couple of tattoos. (But I didn't get those as a young'un) My mama, my sister and I wanted to do somethin' special one year to celebrate my 35th, sis's 40th and mama's 60th birthday.
:> )

5 comments:

Doreen Frost said...

When I saw what this post was about I Knew your answers would be great.......you are so funny K...I'm so glad to call you a friend...(by the way...I finally posted about the award you gave me yesterday).

Gosh...I never knew the polka could be so dangerous!!!

I was wondering if you could please videotape yourself singing "Lime In The Coconut" and upload it for us all...that would be wonderful of you :)

Big hugs,
D

Dogpatch Primitives said...

oh Peanut, getting tats w/ mom and sis sounds like fun!

Hey, when y'all finish dancin the polka, how bout puttin on a batch of your yummy Golumpkis?

tattered 'n torn prims said...

Oh no!! These are wonderful!! Thanks for sharin'...."now go do the polka with your cousin Tracy!!"

Stace

bluejeanprimitives said...

You could Polka at 6?

I'm ummmm older than that and I've never learned! lol

Huggles.... Jean

ps.. hope they get your pictures back up SOON!

Laura said...

Great stories Karin! My sister and I did the same thing for my 30th b-day. Great talking to you this morning have a nice weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...