Friday, May 23, 2008

Whew!! I've Been Busy...

'Tis the season for plantin' my annuals! YaY!! I love the vibrant colors these lil' beauties bring!



'Tis the season for black flies too!
Sure, y'all are thinkin', "How bad can they be?" Well when I say "black fly", I'm not talkin' about your average house fly.


These nasty lil' buggers are a bit larger than a pinhead and make mosquitoes look like sissies. Even Dracula would say, "Thanks, but I'm full" and couldn't keep up with 'em.


I never experienced them until we moved here. I was outside plantin' flowers and I when I came inside my hairline and neck looked like somethin' out of a horror movie. Blood drippin' all over me! To make matters worse, these bites turn into big ol' red welts on your skin. Which makes for a real attractive look. No amount of Cover Girl is goin' to hide those babies. Heck, slap some braces on my teeth and I feel like I'm in junior high again!


So until we get a few days of really high temperatures, I will continue to douce myself and my canine girls with Avon's Skin So Soft to keep them at bay.


Of course they never bother my hubs... He says it because he's not sweet enough.
I beg to differ. :> )


Here's a sneak peek at what I've been workin' on...



Have a happy and safe Memorial weekend! Remember to fly those American flags!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Karin first I LOVE the Frog !! it is GREAT!
I know what you mean about the Black flies, mean little devils! We spend our summers in the North country, and they wait for me I sware they do ! HAHA The same with my hubby they never even fly by him .I guess we are the only ones on their menus. You have a great weekend !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...