Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Views From My Backyard...

Even on a gloomy day, the sun will try to peek out and the views are gorgeous.
:> )



Trees are the best monuments that a man can erect to his own memory.
They speak his praises without flattery, and they are blessings to children yet unborn.
~Lord Orrery, 1749



Trees


I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

- Joyce Kilmer, 1886-1918

5 comments:

Raggedy Angel said...

Beautiful! Beth

Diana said...

I just LOVE that poem...I love Trees...I love Nature. TY for stopping by my blog...What beautiful Photos :)

La Donna Welter said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog, I'm glad that you enjoyed my "Dove" papercutting. : )
Sitting here, looking at the beautiful photos of the trees, and listening to the peaceful music...
so very nice. Thank You!
La Donna

Laura said...

Love the pictures K ! Trees are my fave.

SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

oOooOo peanut..this is exactly what we are wanting to have when we sell our house and move to ,Truly heaven on earth!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...