Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Don't Like Ike...

Well, we had some affects from Hurricane Ike the other night. Nothin' at all compared to the folks in Texas but enough to rattle our house. The wind howled through here like ya wouldn't believe! Thankfully we didn't lose power but many folks did.

As you can see my sunflowers don't like Ike.



Especially this now bald one...



Our wood pile doesn't like Ike either.



As I rode my bike down the tow path this mornin', I reckon this tree would agree.



Then there was this one...




As I came upon this large limb blockin' the path I thought, "Why the heck do they name Hurricanes after people? Is it supposed to sound more endearin' even though they wreak havoc where and whatever they touch?!" I would think folks with the names like Katrina, Andrew, Gilbert or Rita are quite insulted. Not to mention insultin' to our former president.


I say call these storms by their true colors! Names like Hurricane B@st@rd, Hurricane Son-of-a-B*tch or Hurricane Sh*thead are quite appropriate, don't ya think? And if it happens to be lower than a Category 2, let's go with Hurricane Lil' P*ss Pot."


I think I'll write The National Hurricane Center and see if they'll jump on the bandwagon with me...


:> )


4 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

you always make me smile..but I have often wondered why they name em after people too..I say give em a call..what have you got to lose..altough I wouldn't give em my real name as they might name one after you!!!!

La Donna Welter said...

"Hurricane B@st@rd"..... Peanut you kill me! : )
Thanks for visiting my blog...and glad I could give you a smile, 'cuz you sure gave me one!
Hugs,
La Donna

naomisnotions said...

Happy late birthday to you!!! The secret is out!!! LOL...and don't look much older than me...I look younger then I really am! Shhhhh.....

Sorry Ike took such a tole on your flowers. :(

And your "cows" look great so far...I can't wait to see them done!

Naomi

Dixie Redmond said...

Ha HA! What a good idea. My sister's name is Katrina. ;-)

Dixie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...