Friday, September 5, 2008

The ReMatch...

In this corner... Twinkle-Toes Grrrrraaaaacieeeee!
And in this corner... The returning Champion...
Mr. Peeeeanut the Nail Clipperrrrrrrrrrr!




I know, I know, she's as cute as a button... But ya haven't seen the demon possession that takes place when she sees the nail nippers. As soon as she eyeballed them, her head spun around a couple of times as a projectile of pea soup came flyin' at me.


Yep, it was time for Gracie to get her nails trimmed again. I'm sure ya remember the last time. (Refer back to my May 6th post) This time I had a front row seat with my camera in hand, a tub of popcorn and a Big Gulp.


Hubs geared up for the scratch-&-bite-fest. Helmet, long sleeves, football pads, long pants, chest protector, elbow & shin guards, gloves, goalie mask and a cup. Just in case she decided to hit below the belt, she can be ruthless.


Man, she was like lightnin'! She jumped, hopped, slipped and even moon walked to get away from him. The "sport" settin' on my camera wasn't fast enough. She was a 6.9 lb. lil' blur.



Again hubs was as gentle as a lamb but was still sweatin' like a turkey on Thanksgivin' mornin' as they grappled.


I almost threw in the towel, but in the end hubs won the title yet again and Gracie has pretty perfectly pedicured lil' piggies.


The only thing left to do is clean up the pea soup.
:> )

7 comments:

Raggedy Angel said...

Wow, I was nervous just reading!
I think I might order one of those Pedipaws for my girls...we will see how it works!
Beth

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

you are totally hysterical! I love reading your blog...I hope you were able to clean all of the pea soup that Ms. Blair threw at you...lol...love the music and glad to see your "sylvester" came out a winner...:)

Doreen Frost said...

Holy smokes..look at that armor he's wearin...lol...my mom's dog use to be like this too but he's mellowed out over the past year or so for some reason...those little dogs are usually the fiesty ones:)

Hugs,
D

Cookie said...

haha... i DO remember round one!

that Erron, what a trooper! Not only does he take on the state troopers on his way to work each morning, defying the odds on his 45cc engine, he tackles the roof on a 100 yr house with his bare hands and defies the odds to go at it with "Buckshot for Guts" Gracie !!

I can tell she is NOT a happy camper in that picture! lol

Tina said...

Awww, this reminds me of when I was little and my grandma had a little dog just like yours. She shook like she was having her own personal earthquake inside all the time and when it came to bathing and grooming of any kind, she wasn't havin' it.
Glad this round is over till round 3
Blessings from the beach
T

kat449 said...

GO ERRON...GO ERRON...Too funny, I reeeeally needed a good laugh this morning, thank the cast for me...Thanks for the encouraging words this morning P.Girl, Scaredy Kat isnt doin too good lately:(
really, she isnt. Hugs Kat

bluejeanprimitives said...

I'm sendin Riley to Erron. I'll PAY BIG! hahahahhaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...